This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More


Compliments, Comments, Concerns & Complaints



Your views are important to us and by listening to them we can improve the services we provide to all of our patients. We are pleased to receive your compliments or comments and we will ensure they are shared with all staff concerned. You can share your compliments and comments with us verbally, through the Friends and Family Test or NHS Choices.


Concerns and Complaints


We hope that most problems can be resolved quickly and easily, often at the time they arise with the person concerned and this may be the approach you try first.

However, if we are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and you wish to make a formal complaint, you should do so as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a matter of days, as this helps us to establish what happened more easily. In any event, this should be:

  • Within 12 months of the incident, or;
  • Within 12 months of you discovering that you have a problem.

Please address your complaint in writing to the Practice Manager, detailed below.


If you are a registered patient you can complain about your own care. If you're complaining on behalf of someone else (other than your own child under 16 years old) we will need to obtain consent from the patient to investigate and release information to you.


Send your written complaint to:

Sam Roberts, Practice Manager
Rotherfield Surgery


What We Do Next


We will acknowledge receipt within 7 working days, and aim to have fully investigated the matter and replied to you within 20 days. If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when we expect to finish.


When looking into a complaint we will investigate the circumstances, make sure you receive an apology if this is appropriate and take steps to ensure that any problem does not arise again.


You may receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue.


Where your complaint involves more than one organisation (e.g. social services) we will liaise with that organisation so that you receive one coordinated reply. We may need your consent to do this.


You will receive a final letter setting out the results of any investigations and asking you to contact us again if you have any remaining questions regarding your complaint. 


Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else


If you are complaining on behalf of someone else (other than your own child aged under 16 years old) we will need to obtain consent from the patient to investigate and release information to you. 



If You Are Dissatisfied With The Outcome


If you are still unhappy after your complaint has been investigated, you can refer the matter to:


The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel:    0345 0154033

Website: www.ombudsman.org.uk


You may also approach NHS England for help or advice;

Email: england.contactus@nhs.net


Telephone: 0300 311 22 33


Adress: NHS England

            PO BOX 16738


            B97 9PT




Care Quality Commission (CQC)


Even though CQC cannot look into complaints about your healthcare, you can contact them to let them know if you have concerns about your care or treatment. Their website contains information about how to complain about health and social care services.


Telephone:   03000 616161

Website:      www.cqc.org.uk



The practice Complaints Manager is:

Sam Roberts, Practice Manager




Choose font size: A A A


Total visitors:440421 | Disclaimer